Burned Out?

Have you ever wondered why sometimes we don't feel like working? Well, as for me, a hundred times or so i guess.
What's causing it? When everything piles up in front of me and don't seem to know where to start with, that's when i put down the bag full of undone things. What i do then is...i turn on my cd player and insert my flashdrive and listen to soothing songs i really loved listening to. It doesn't matter what genre it belongs but what really counts is that you liked what you hear. It serves as breather. Sometimes, I would do morning walks with my kids early when the sun's still asleep and i can hear chirping birds in the subdivision. I am just so blessed that my place is near the sea and the breeze adds up to the setting and cools my already burned out soul. Work is tedious in nature so we must learn how to cope with it or it will take us over and won't last a lifetime. There are lots of teachers dying in my place especially when it's the school year end. My observation tells me that the stress we get from the tons of work is killing the whole clan of educators. So, if you feel like you are all stressed out, take a break..Be one with nature. I don't know how but when i seem to lack strength, i embrace tree trunks and somehow gets energy from them. I talk to God and whisper to Him about anything and it gives me peace; an assurance that He will be there for me no matter what!
      If u feel like giiving up sometimes, as I do and most everyone does I know, stop, breath and find ways to make peace with yourself for it is not the people around  you nor the never ending task that's killing you but your being hard on yourself. Be gentle with yourself amd love yourself a little morel You maybe forgetting yourself for a little while now. Stay healthy too. That is physically, mentally and spiritually.

Comments

Popular Posts