MUSIC - heals, calms, and GET ME GOING


Kenny G...he accompanies me in my late nights of paper works...keeps me calm and focused. Music helps me get going. I remember when i got sort of sick of something doctors can't really find out what. I just emerged myself into music.  Upon waking up in the morning, I usually would sing praises and love songs and inspirational ones. Every single genre that I could belt out while cleaning the house and doing some gardening while the kids were out to school and my darling hubby off to work... I fought hard to win back my old strength being robbed from me by something which makes me feel wasted all the time...i felt weakness and gets easily tired. My heart would pump fast and hard. I've had check ups but nothing particularly was causing any of it. I even feared the rain. Whenever my husband is not around and I'm left alone I get so afraid with the raindrops on the roof. They seem loud and horrific. I don't know why. I would shout "In the name of Jesus, get out of my house! Leave me in peace, spirit of fear!!! Then I would sing praises to God. And would look at my kids sound asleep. "Oh, God. Please let me live longer for these three boys You have entrusted to us to take care of and love and nurture". Then, slowly I would calm down and fall asleep. Days passed, I was also accompanied by Alanis Morisette. She inspires me a lot too. "That I would be good. Even if IThat I would be good, even if I got and stayed sick...That I would be loved...."  Slowly, as days passed by, the shaking and palpitations and the senseless fear faded. I'm glad there's music!!! Healed my body and soul... Thank You Jesus for giving music to me.

Comments

Popular Posts